If you are missing documents, you can get copies from the IRS. If you are missing your tax returns, you can request a tax return transcript, and if you are missing your W-2s, you can request a wage and income transcript.

If you didn't have to file last year’s tax return or haven’t done it yet, please send us a written explanation—we’ll follow up with you to let you know what the next steps are.