- At the time of the program, CTY will implement a COVID-19 safety plan in accordance with public health guidance and aligned with the policies of Johns Hopkins University and our host institutions.
- Staff will be required to be on their COVID vaccinations as defined by the U.S. Center for Disease Control. They will also be required to provide negative results of a COVID test taken within 24 hours of campus check-in.
- Host institutions may require COVID-positive staff to depart campus as soon as possible, generally not later than 24 hours after a positive isolate off campus.
- Some host institutions may instead allow COVID-positive CTY staff to “isolate in place” in their assigned rooms. Staff would continue to share bathrooms with would refrain from using any other common areas and have all meals in their rooms. Isolation on campus but in separate quarters is unlikely to be an option.
- CTY will pay the costs of off-campus housing and meals for COVID-positive staff unable to isolate on campus and unable to travel home if they live more than 300 miles from their assigned site.
- Pay will not be reduced for staff who must isolate COVID, provided they return to work when the isolation period ends. While , staff are expected to complete their duties virtually, if possible, based on their symptoms, specific roles, and available technology. Staff whose isolation period ends before the end of the session but who do not return to work will receive a prorated salary covering time worked plus the days in isolation. Staff who cannot return because the session ends before the isolation period ends will be paid through the end of the session.
COVID-19 protocols for 2023 CTY On-Campus Summer Programs staff Print
Modified on: Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 12:12 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.