CTY will consider requests for exceptions to its COVID-19 and other vaccine requirement on a case-by-case basis. Exceptions must be requested each year that a student attends.
When considering exception requests, CTY must align with both JHU and host institution policies. When they are different, the more restrictive policy applies.
Vaccine exceptions requests are due May 1, 2023, or one week after enrollment, whichever is sooner.
Download the appropriate exception request form
Note: Speyer School, the location of CTY’s day site in New York City, does not permit religious exceptions to its requirements for people participating in programs on their campus. For this reason, CTY is unable to consider religious exception requests for Speyer School site students.
3. Administrative Exception Request (for students residing in countries where a vaccine is unobtainable)
- Have the form completed and signed in ink (no digital signatures or stamps) by your student’s healthcare provider or religious or spiritual leader.
- Upload the completed document to this page: https://hipaacenterfortalentedyouth.formstack.com/forms/vax_exception_request_2023
- Allow two to four weeks for your request to be reviewed.
- If an exception is granted, we will send you by email.
Note: Students with approved exceptions may be subject to special provisions based on standards and guidance available at the time of the program.