CTY will consider requests for medical or religious exceptions to its COVID-19 and other vaccine requirement on a case-by-case basis. Having had COVID-19 in the past is NOT a permissible criterion for an exception.
- Vaccine exceptions requests were due May 15, 2022. Requests submitted now are not eligible for a tuition refund if denied and the student withdraws their enrollment.
- Download the appropriate exception request form
- Have the form completed and signed in ink (no digital signatures or stamps) by your student’s healthcare provider or religious or spiritual leader.
- Upload the completed document to this page: https://hipaacenterfortalentedyouth.formstack.com/forms/vaccine_exception_request_submission.
- Allow two to four weeks for your request to be reviewed.
- If an exemption is granted, we will send you a confirmation by email.
- If submitting your request after May 15, upload the completed document to this page: https://hipaacenterfortalentedyouth.formstack.com/forms/vaccine_exception_request_submission_past_deadline
- Students with exceptions to the COVID vaccine or booster requirement will likely be required to wear an approved face covering indoors. At this time, approved face coverings are N95, KN95, or KF94 masks, or a combination of a cloth mask with a surgical mask.
- At residential sites, unvaccinated students will not share sleeping rooms with vaccinated students under any circumstances, as an additional measure CTY is taking to monitor and reduce potential COVID-19 transmission.
- Assignment to a single room is subject to availability and possible additional cost that will be responsibility of the family.
- Unvaccinated students whose medical conditions place them at higher risk for severe COVID-19 disease will have priority for single rooms.
- Regular testing will be conducted at the family’s expense.
- Students are subject to the following terms regarding departure from campus if a student tests positive or have close contact with someone who has tested positive:
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19, a parent or guardian will be notified immediately, the student will be moved into isolation, and the student must depart campus as soon as possible but no later than 24 hours after parent notification.
- Unvaccinated students exposed to COVID-19 also must depart campus no later than 24 hours after parent notification and quarantine off campus for the required length of time.
- After enrollment, parents/guardians who for any reason may be unable to retrieve their child within 24 hours of notification will be required to designate an alternate emergency contact and provide full contact information (name, address, email address, phone number) for that person. An alternate emergency contact is a responsible adult over the age of 25 who can travel to the student’s CTY location within the required timeframe, sign the student out, and care for the student until the parent/guardian is able to do so.
- Any costs associated with healthcare, travel, meals, accommodation, or anything additionally related to isolation or immediate pick-up, are to be covered by the family.
- Departures related to isolation or quarantine for COVID are considered medical withdrawals under CTY’s refund policy, and families will receive a pro-rated of the program fee.