All online courses have the following technical requirements, in addition to specific requirements listed in the course description:
- A computer with broadband internet access and a current web browser.
- A headset, speakers, and a microphone, plus common tools such as Zoom, allow interaction with instructors and other students during real-time class and tutoring sessions.
- Students use a K12 email address and Microsoft Office 365 apps, which are provided by CTY. Additional plug-ins may need to be installed to support videos and submission of work and tests.
We recommend a minimum of 5-10 mbps to run any CTY website or program. To run a speed test, visit speedtest.jh.edu.
Computer Hardware & Web Browsers
- Computers or devices using Windows 10, MacOS 10.13.6, or iPadOS 12.4.7 or later operation systems.
- Current supported web browsers, including:
Your internet browser should be configured to:
Additional software may be needed, and is indicated within the details of each course: