Students who test and qualify for CTY programs are not required to take additional tests to maintain their eligibility. However, students may choose to retest for one or more of the following reasons:
- To attempt to achieve eligibility for additional CTY programs. For example, if a student has qualified for humanities courses but not math and science courses, or has qualified for CTY-level programs but not Advanced CTY-level programs.
- To be recognized for outstanding academic achievement with a certificate.
- To gain additional practice with test-taking or gain insight on academic abilities from a different type of test.
To register for a retest:
- Log into MyCTY as a parent.
- Click on “Register Now” in the “Register to Test” box on the MyCTY home page.
- The system will automatically determine your eligibility for a retest and allow you to register or indicate that you are not eligible.
- If eligible, complete the test registration process. You are required to pay the test registration fee for retests.