CTY has a process in place to work with you to ensure your child has the needed and appropriate support for their CTY program or course. A student’s IEP/504 or other school learning plan does not automatically transfer to the CTY setting. In our online and summer courses, the structure and format may require different accommodations. Thus, CTY Disability Services reviews each child’s needs on a case-by-case basis to determine what accommodation(s) a child may need in a particular program or course. 


If your child requires accommodations, you can get the process started by following these steps: 


1.) Create an account with CTY. 


2.) After creating an account, submit an online Request for Accommodations form. This can be found in your MyCTY account in the left-hand menu by clicking the “Accommodations for CTY Programs and SCAT/STB Testing” link. You will be asked to review some terms before moving on to the request form. 


3.) Complete the request form. It is most efficient to attach supporting documentation to this form. You can submit this later as well by contacting cty-disabilities@jhu.edu. 


4.) After submitting your program application, request form, and accompanying documentation, you will hear back from CTY Disability Services within 10 business days, though typically within 48 business hours, with directions for accessing your child’s accommodation approval letter. You will need to approve the letter, and then it will be shared with pertinent staff for implementation. 


Accommodations approved for one course or program do not automatically follow a student. Thus, you must check in with CTY Disability Services before your child retakes a test or participates in a new program or course.  


If you have questions, do not hesitate to reach out to CTY Disability Services at cty-disabilities@jhu.edu.