Documents required with the DS-160 visa application include:

  • Child’s passport valid for at least 6 more months at the time of his/her entry into the U.S.
  • Original I-20 issued by Johns Hopkins University (JHU).
  • A receipt showing payment of the SEVIS I-901 fee at
  • Any other supplemental documentation listed on the U.S. embassy/consulate’s website specific to your country of citizenship or location.
  • Original financial documentation that proves you have the ability to pay all CTY expenses. One of the following documents is sufficient:

-A copy of your receipt if you have made full payment of all CTY fees (receipts are available for download in the Financial Summary page of your child’s MyCTY account).

-A bank statement of the student or parent, no more than 3 months old, that shows sufficient liquid/cash funds to cover all CTY costs.

-A copy of an official letter from a government or other institutional funding source that certifies their financial sponsorship of the child.

Please note: a copy of a credit card or proof of non-liquid/non-cash assets (such as property) will not be accepted as financial documentation.

  • On the DS-160 visa application, you will need both JHU’s F-1 school code and the child’s SEVIS ID, both of which will be on the form I-20. When applying for your child’s visa, be sure that you specify that you are applying for an F-1 Student Visa, Public or Private College or University, and not for any other visa classification. Please include the name of OIS adviser listed on the I-20.