No. Citizens of Canada and Bermuda (not including Canadian Landed Immigrants) do not need to obtain an actual visa at a U.S. embassy/consulate to attend CTY. However, they must still:

  • Obtain an I-20.
  • Pay the SEVIS fee.
  •  Have a passport valid for at least 6 more months at the time of entry 
  • Upon entry to the U.S., students from Canada or Bermuda must present their passport, original I-20 form, original financial documentation, and SEVIS fee receipt to the U.S. border official, and specifically request entry to the U.S. as an F-1 student.
  • Do not enter as a B-1/B-2 visitor or under the Visa Waiver Program, as these are not appropriate immigration statuses for participation in CTY summer programs.