No. CTY’s summer programs are full time academic programs requiring the F-1 student visa. Entering the U.S. with a visitor visa (B-1/B-2) or under the Visa Waiver Program is not appropriate. CTY and OIS are not responsible for legal consequences encountered by a student attempting to enter the U.S. as a visitor. Beware of U.S. Embassy or Consular Officers who may suggest these as alternatives to the F-1 student visa. The Officers are under the incorrect impression that the CTY program is a "summer camp." Politely request that the Officer issue the F-1 student visa.