Yes. Students who are not already in the U.S. with an immigration status that allows for study must request an I-20 from the JHU Office of International Services (OIS) and then obtain a nonimmigrant F-1 student visa.


For Information for citizens of Canada or Bermuda or students already holding a valid F-1 visa, review the Special Visa Circumstances section of this FAQ.