Students can pause their enrollment in an individually paced course for seven days or longer, up to 365 days cumulatively per course. Any course that has been paused for more than 365 days will be marked as incomplete, and the remaining enrollment time will be forfeited.
Follow these steps to pause an individually paced course via MyCTY:
Log in to MyCTY as a parent. On the left side, select “CTY Online Programs.” In the “Currently Enrolled Courses” section, select the course you wish to pause and then select “Request to pause this course.”
- Pause requests must be submitted at least one day before you would like the pause to begin. You may pause an enrollment for seven days or longer, up to a cumulative total of 365 days per course.
- If you need to adjust the resume date of your pause request, log in and update the resume date at least one day before you would like the student to return to the course.
- For a student enrolled in multiple courses, each course requires a separate pause request. MyCTY is the only management tool for pausing your student’s enrollment. Enrollment cannot be paused by email or phone request.
- Pause requests cannot be applied retroactively. You may not pause a course if there is less than one day remaining in the course. All requests must be submitted in MyCTY before midnight Eastern time.
- Session-based courses cannot be paused.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.